Odd Lenses is a lifestyle and art blog. Its purpose is to discuss various aspects of life and living, to offer answers to questions about these aspects of life in the most sincere way possible. We spice it up by occasionally putting up stories, poetry and all things art for your pleasure. If you like the truth, you're in the right place. Welcome to the building.

NO, YOU ACTUALLY GIVE A DAMN ABOUT IT


Photocredit: Dreamstime.com


You know how sometimes we like to pretend that stuff doesn’t get to us?
No, I’m not talking about getting a rejection email or not being promoted like everyone else. I’m not even talking about not being noticed by somebody you like. Well, this last one hurts. Sorry if that’s you.
I’m talking about having issues in your personal relationships.
Wait, did you just say “here, we go again?”. Heck, yes! Here we go again.
I’m writing this for two reasons.
Firstly, I’m feeling bad (you can guess why but I’ll tell you. Meanwhile, if you don’t know why YOU are feeling bad, check out one of my posts titled Why you feel bad all the time). So, I’m feeling bad because I’m having little issues with a family member.
Secondly, I’m writing to help you if you’re at this point or for when you get to this point (because you will get here some time. Nope, it’s not a curse. You’re a human sharing earth with other humans).
A friend will often tell me,” Stop talking to the public about your problems because they don’t care”. I know. But I, ME, I care. I care that you’ll get to where I am or have already been through it without knowing what I know. Or maybe you’ve forgotten.
Back to the original point.
You care! I know you care that you’re having problems in your personal relationships. Now, any relationship can become as personal as we let it so let me specify. You care when you have issues with family. I mean family family. You know, blood family? Okay, mum, dad, brother, sister kinda family.
So, maybe it’s their fault. Maybe you didn’t do anything wrong. Maybe they’ve said some very hurtful things to you. really hurtful. Now, you’re not exactly on talking terms and you think you don’t give two cents about it, right? Stop lying joor. You actually care.
I know because you think about it and feel bad.
You wonder what you could have done or said to avoid the situation
You wish and hope they’re hurting too because that would mean that they care too and it means you care too. get it?
Am I right or wrong?
I want you to do something right now. Take a deep breath and close your eyes. Open them and admit to yourself that you care and you don’t like it.
That’s how to solve problems. identification.
If you’re wondering why I’m here giving you advice instead of solving my own problems, chill out a bit. I’m working on my own issues. At least, I’m bold enough to admit that I care that somebody is giving me attitude and I don’t want things to remain like that.
Have I told you that having a great relationship with your family helps you face the society? Charity begins at home baby, but it doesn’t end there. So, in other words… Wait.. I’m getting confused.
Aha! (Forget that charity adage.) What I want to say is that you’re better equipped to face other people and relate well with them if things are good at home.
So, you’ve admitted it? Good. You’re brave. It doesn’t make you a weak person. No. you’re strong enough to admit that you’re uncomfortable with conflict.
What do you do about it? Know what? I’ll write about this only after I’ve taken the steps I’d want to give you. I’m going to fix the issue I have with my family member and then I’ll come back and tell you how it went and what to do. But if you can’t wait and would want to know what to do, send me an email or a DM or something.
Here’s my id on Instagram: @ada_thelmaa. Double A at the end.
Is there something you’d like to say about family issues or personal relationship issues? Let me know in the comment section. Honestly, I’d love to hear from you.
Please share so others can benefit. Trust me many people are in this boat. Muaahh!

Share:

6 comments:

  1. Great piece dear. I'm so glad so glad you're writing here again. We'll, what I have to say about friction in personal relationships is that the more practiced we are at opening up about what hurt us, truly listening to the other party to see where we also erred, letting go and moving on when we need to, basically good conflict resolution and emotional intelligence, the better our relationships will be for it. Keep the fire burning girl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol. I'm glad too, dearest. I agree. Self awareness, emotional intelligence and communication skill are just the power pack to dealing with people generally. Thanks for your input

      Delete
  2. Oh and the Ella was the first to comment ��������

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece
    I have a question, what if you have issues with a family member and try sorting it out and it doesn't work, is there an option let it be? Secondly, what if you have problems outside family like let's say with a friend and you don't feel the need to address it, maybe cause you decided to let it slide... Is that a bad thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana. The truth is people will not always react the way you expect them to. There's a large gap between trying to sort out the issue with the family member and the end being that it didn't work out. If it gets to that point, them there must be underlying issues that need to be resolved and you may have to involve another family member or relative. You may also involve your spiritual head.
      As for having an issue with a friend, if you don't think it needs to be addressed then maybe there is no problem at all. But it's always wise to clear the air. It's best to tell your friend about whatever it is even if you want to let it slide. Unless you don't want the friendship anymore.
      I hope this helps.

      Delete
  4. Really glad you shared this, and talking about it as an ongoing process. I think sometimes we are under the illusion that just identifying a problem solves it. Some hurts are built up over a long period of time, it might take more time as well to repair, but identify that things need to heal is a very good step in the right direction

    ReplyDelete

What's on your mind?

Most Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Odd Lenses by Ada Thelma Iyke. Powered by Blogger.

Featured post

Welcome! Come in.

Door opens... The lobby is large and long. To your left are two coffee brown couches. Apart from that and the white walls and doors with ...

Labels

Recent Posts