Odd Lenses is a lifestyle and art blog. Its purpose is to discuss various aspects of life and living, to offer answers to questions about these aspects of life in the most sincere way possible. We spice it up by occasionally putting up stories, poetry and all things art for your pleasure. If you like the truth, you're in the right place. Welcome to the building.

CALL ME OLIVER TWIST by Ada Thelma



Folks enjoy stories,
Be it sweet or gory.
They love to watch a person mad enough to wriggle out of mediocrity's embrace.
They watched,  read
as Oliver Twist dared,
As he did what others feared.
They hummed songs of pity in their hearts,
As he stood up from where he sat,
As he made for the door,
To ask for more.
The attention they paid this time,
Was greater than the first time.
So he changed the narrative.
Okay,  he challenged the narrative.
Familiarity clothes us as regards the story.
He didn't get what he asked for.
But he is known as the boy who asked for more.

So call me Oliver Twist.
Because we learn from the experiences of others
Because I'm not letting go till I get more.
Many get comfortable in mediocrity's hands.
Many live with an insatiable hunger.
A hunger they suppress.
Well I want more.
I want more money.
I want more happiness.
I certainly want more friends.
I want deeper friendships.
I want more knowledge.
Greater insight.
I want a man that refuses to live on the meagre crumbs life gives us.
I want a woman that would make me see the good things hidden in life's stores.
Yes,  those things life reserves for those who would be foolish enough to ask for more.
Those who would be brave enough to fight for more.
Because life doesn't give you what you ask for.
Only the violent taketh it by force.

I want more.
Call me Oliver's improvement.
Because even when I get slapped,
I'll keep my palms outstretched and supinated.
Even when I'm flung to the wall,
I'll rise up and give it my all.
My resistance


Call me Oliver Twist.
Because I always want more.
Because it's not always bad to want more.

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Most Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Odd Lenses by Ada Thelma Iyke. Powered by Blogger.

Featured post

Welcome! Come in.

Door opens... The lobby is large and long. To your left are two coffee brown couches. Apart from that and the white walls and doors with ...

Labels

Recent Posts