Odd Lenses is a lifestyle and art blog. Its purpose is to discuss various aspects of life and living, to offer answers to questions about these aspects of life in the most sincere way possible. We spice it up by occasionally putting up stories, poetry and all things art for your pleasure. If you like the truth, you're in the right place. Welcome to the building.

Diary of a lazy writer 1

Sunday,  27th May, 2018.

Dear diary,

How are you?  I'm not fine.  Okay,  maybe I'm fine.  I don't know.  Happy Sunday by the way. I feel bad right now.😖  I know.  I know.🙄 You think I'm always feeling bad.  But that's not true.  Remember my laughing sprees? Lol.  You don't want to meet me there.  I literally roll on the floor in laughter.  Whatever sha.
So today went by like that. I can't say I achieved anything.  I washed some clothes and cooked jollof rice with those little pieces of stockfish my mum packed for me. I can proudly say I've mastered the art of preparing proper jollof rice.  Hehehehe. 😆😊😊
Diary,  I'm scared.  We were taught about relevance today in church.  Well,  that wasn't the topic but that's what I gleaned from the message. Every time,  I feel like I'm just one of the many people oxygen is being wasted on.  What have I given?   I've checked my facebook countless times today and people are just starting up stuff everywhere. Yes,  I know I shouldn't compare o but hmm...  I cannot be 'dulling' o.
Wait sef.  I feel lost.  Honestly,  I don't even know what to write anymore.  I haven't posted anything on the blog for days now.  I have three unfinished works on my table.  God help me!!!

There's nobody to complain to.  I've read about discipline and I've seen myself wearing the cloak so well. It's been a while since I last wore it sha. I can't find it. I think something came in through the back door and stole it from me.  Now I have to wear my old garment of laziness.  That same garment that makes me feel naked.  This is not me!

I'm smart.  I'm strong.  I'm sweet.  I'm your typical superwoman...  #tongue out.
I most certainly do not feel that way.
I've been thinking a lot lately.  Well,  all the time.  I need to get out of this place.  But it feels like my legs are broken.
How did I get here?
I have a line-up of contests to enter. I think the fuse in my brain is blown.  Somebody call the electrician!

I want to write.  I've been writing but I keep abandoning them.  I need a 'writinvention'.

And just like that.  I've wasted precious ink complaining.  Let me go and read my school books abeg.  I have a test on Thursday.
Wish me luck.

Yours in love,
Me.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Most Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Odd Lenses by Ada Thelma Iyke. Powered by Blogger.

Featured post

Welcome! Come in.

Door opens... The lobby is large and long. To your left are two coffee brown couches. Apart from that and the white walls and doors with ...

Labels

Recent Posts