Odd Lenses is a lifestyle and art blog. Its purpose is to discuss various aspects of life and living, to offer answers to questions about these aspects of life in the most sincere way possible. We spice it up by occasionally putting up stories, poetry and all things art for your pleasure. If you like the truth, you're in the right place. Welcome to the building.

8 Days

On Monday, we said hello. That day, I wrote about the rain that drenched my new gown on my way to work and about a certain stranger that stood up in the bus for me to sit.
On Tuesday, we ran into each other again. That day,fate pushed you to the market and made me linger at that meat seller's stand where we said hello the 2nd time. That day, I wrote in my diary about how expensive meat was and how I couldn't buy enough carrots for the salad I wanted to make. That day, I gave you my number.
On Wednesday, I laughed at your dry jokes. That day, I wrote about life and the little things that make us happy. I told my diary about you and how dry your jokes were. That day, I thought about how we wore the same lenses in our outlooks on life.
 On Thursday, we went out for dinner. That day, I sat across the table from you and watched as you ate your Egusi soup and garri without spilling a drop on the table. That day, I told my diary that a man who can eat Egusi soup and garri with such carefulness must be a good shepherd. I thought you would make a good manager- Of my heart and a home.
 On Friday, my heart hypothetically fell down from my chest and got stuck in my jeans. Because you went on your knees. Because you put a silver ring on my finger. Because you promised to give me a life that diamond owners would envy.
 On Saturday, the priest announced "you may kiss the bride" That day, you released the passion you had kept prisoner for long. That day, my father knew I had found another husband, the real one. That day, I told my diary that I had found my compliment.
 On Sunday, we were late to church. That day, we held a mini Thanksgiving service in our room. That day, some angels were late to church because we hosted them in our room.
 On Monday, I woke up alone on my bed. It wasn't because you had left but because you hadn't come. That day, I told my diary about a dream that lasted for 8 days. "Must be prophecy" I said to myself. That day, a stranger said hello to me on the bus and I smiled to myself.
Share:

3 comments:

What's on your mind?

Most Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Odd Lenses by Ada Thelma Iyke. Powered by Blogger.

Featured post

Welcome! Come in.

Door opens... The lobby is large and long. To your left are two coffee brown couches. Apart from that and the white walls and doors with ...

Labels

Recent Posts