Odd Lenses is a lifestyle and art blog. Its purpose is to discuss various aspects of life and living, to offer answers to questions about these aspects of life in the most sincere way possible. We spice it up by occasionally putting up stories, poetry and all things art for your pleasure. If you like the truth, you're in the right place. Welcome to the building.

SHOOT YOUR SHOT



My friend,
Shoot your shot,
And I will shoot mine.
Then, we will both stand
And see whose arrow pierces which heart.
Tell your stories
And let me tell mine.
Let us live and let live.
In the end,
Time will examine history's luggage
And tell us which is wrong or right.
Let us row this boat in peace,
Let us sit quietly at the ends of the boat,
Let us not fight the foolish fight of goats.

My friend,
I see you do not agree with my words,
With the expressions of my thoughts,
With the components of my being.
Will you now slay me?
Has the earth not given the atmosphere as a playground for all?
Shoot your shots,
Voice your thoughts,
If another heart is pierced,
Pat your new win,
Teach them to shoot their own shots.
Now, stay at your end,
Watch me do as you do.
This should be the one rule we should all be bound to.

My friend,
Life is fickle,
Death is no foreigner,
This we know,
These we know.
Stereotype is bad,
Or not.
How would we know
If we are tied to its apron strings?

This is the end of my banter.
My friend,
Be.
Be all you want.
Express it and let others join if they want.
I'll be.
I'll be all I want
Even if it's everything you're not.
Just don't fight me for it.
This is the end of my banter.
Shoot your shot,
And I will shoot mine,
Then we can throw greetings across the line.
Just don't cross that line.
This is the end,  my friend.
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's on your mind?

Most Recent Comments

Popular Posts

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *

Odd Lenses by Ada Thelma Iyke. Powered by Blogger.

Featured post

Welcome! Come in.

Door opens... The lobby is large and long. To your left are two coffee brown couches. Apart from that and the white walls and doors with ...

Labels

Recent Posts